The Fifth Parallel-in-time Integration Workshop will be held at the Banff International Research Station (BIRS) from November 27 to December 2, 2016. BIRS is located on the campus of the Banff Centre in the mountain town of Banff, just inside the Canadian Rockies. BIRS is a relaxed and picturesque location for focused research and collaboration.
This workshop is the fifth Parallel-in-time Integration workshop, and will build upon the success of the preceding four workshops:
- Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland) in 2011
- Manchester University (Manchester, UK) in 2013
- Forschungszentrum Jülich (Jülich, Germany) in 2014
- Technische Universität Dresden (Dresden, Germany) 2015
The central goal of this event is to encourage participants to join their expertise for their mutual benefit. Participants in the workshop will include domain experts in time-parallel, multigrid, and domain decomposition methods.
The workshop is organised by
- Matthew Emmett (Computer Modelling Group Ltd.)
- Martin Gander (Université de Genève)
- Ronald Haynes (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
- Rolf Krause (Università della Svizzera italiana)
- Michael Minion (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory / Stanford University)
in conjunction with the Parallel-in-Time Scientific Committee.