The election for the scientific committee is now closed and the results available. As we had 7 candidates for 7 open positions, the outcome is not a big surprise. Nevertheless, the first election of a scientific committee will hopefully be an important milestone and help to successfully continue the PINT workshop series for many years to come.
The following colleagues have been elected as members of the first scientific committee:
- Martin J. Gander, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Stefan Güttel, University of Manchester, UK
- Ron Haynes, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Rolf Krause, University of Lugano, Switzerland,
- Daniel Ruprecht, University of Lugano, Switzerland (soon: University of Leeds, UK)
- Jacob Schroder, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, USA
- Robert Speck, Jülich Supercomputing Centre, Germany
Support from Michael Klöppel at TU Dresden is thankfully acknowledged: he served as the voting committee and set up and administrated the election through the helios online voting system.